19.5.06

Frustration

I'm learning to appreciate a certain individual in my past much better lately. That person is Egill Gunnarsson, the director of Silfur Egils (the choir doesn't exist anymore, but I know that there are many old members with fond memories). I supposed I just never appreciated the amount of work and frustration and disappointment that goes into directing a choir on a regular basis.

Here I am, the night before my men's choir rehearsal, trying desperately to find new music. I thought I had it all sorted out, in fact I know that I did. I had all three pieces chosen a few weeks ago, I think I did it just after the last performance. But then I got an email from one of the counter-tenors (the last one), telling me he wouldn't be able to make it. Which leaves me with three pieces for ATTB and no A.

But hey, things have been looking brighter on the romantic front, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. I've suffered with enforced celibacy long enough, I think.

Oh, one more point that I almost forgot to mention. I bought my first copy of 'The Weather Makers' today to give away as a gift. Joseph (my dear cousin) was in town, and we had a great visit, as usual. On the way to work this morning, I asked him to stop at McNally Robinson and picked one up for him. That makes one copy given, and the original leant out once.

Onward!!!

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home