16.5.06

what a drag

Well, things have been rather exciting lately, despite the fact that I've made no progress on sharing copies of 'The Weather Makers'. I did lend my copy to E____ (someone that I should probably tell more about later), but that's it so far. The main reason for that...? Bank issues.

I won't bother boring you with all the details. Suffice it to say that the bank reversed 2 cheques without calling me. Then, when I had rewritten the cheques and transferred money in to cover them, they took a double loan payment and reversed them again. When all the smoke cleared, the charges from SCU and my apartment management company added up to over $150. If SCU hadn't given me a temporary overdraft, I wouldn't have had enough for my rent.

The weekend was very entertaining, in a painful sort of way. I was supposed to go out with a couple of friends/co-workers for a game of golf after the Singer's dress rehearsal. One of them cancelled, so the other person and I decided to just get some dinner. There has been something brewing between her and me (I think), and this was our first time doing something outside of work.

It took us a while to choose a restaurant, but we decided on one at the Forks. We walked in, found out there was a wait of an hour, and decided to sit in the lounge. On our way through the restaurant, we bumped into a table of people from work who had met for a going-away party. That would have been enough to start some healthy rumours, but it gets even better than that. The people at the table were all from the old department that we both worked in previously, and included her ex-boyfriend whom she has not seen outside of work since they broke up. Couldn't have been more perfect. The evening did go well, and we rented a movie to watch at her place, but I felt a bit wierd about trying anything after the restaurant fiasco.

Why can't this stuff ever just be easy?

4 Comments:

Blogger GEN said...

Heyr heyr. Velkominn aftur í netheima.

17 maí, 2006 04:12  
Blogger Not available said...

Helvítis útlendingur, maður! Eins og ég. Ertu ekkert á leiðinni í Flórdalinn aftur, hvernig er það? Djöfuls Ottawa að tapa fyrir Buff-lóknum (Buffalo)! Hvað er með það eiginlega? Verður maður að halda með einhverju Eiturmunnatúni (Edmonton) núna?

17 maí, 2006 09:49  
Blogger Helvutlen said...

Ja, thad er ekkert annad ad velja en ad halda med thessum Eiturmunnatyningum (flott ord, en eg held ad thetta se vitlaust hja mer). Ekki gleyma ad thad var hja theim sem hann Wayne Crying-Cloud (Gretsky) byrjadi sinn feril.
Takk allir fyrir hlyjar mottokur (aldrei bjost eg vid annad). Kannski verd eg oftar med nuna, en tolvan heima er enntha screwed.

17 maí, 2006 11:31  
Blogger politicallyinclined said...

Hey - good on you for handing out the Weathermakers - I heard the same interview and bought it that day. Now it's with my dad after I zoomed through it before our travels. Likely will be a present to siblings this year too. maybe someone will actually give it to PM Harper!

02 júní, 2006 11:18  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home