11.4.06

rollin', rollin', rollin'

Well, the first copy of The Weather Makers has been purchased. I went out with Ange for breakfast on April 1 and bought a copy of that, along with copies of Besieged for David and me.

Weather Makers is fantastic... a bit scary (okay, a LOT scary) but I think it has a lot of good information, critical information. And it would be foolish not to do anything.

I liken it to Descartes argument of the wager. Either God exists, or he doesn't. If he doesn't, it really doesn't matter whether you believe in Him or not, the outcome is the same. If he does, though, then the results of your beliefs become much more critical. Same thing with climate change, either it's happening or it isn't. If it isn't and we work to clean up the environment and get rid of carbon, it'll have little or no impact (other than giving us a cleaner environment). If the climate is changing, and we choose to do nothing, we might end up destroying the planet's ability to support life. Bit of a no-brainer.

I haven't decided when I'm going to purchase the next copy. Likely in the next month or so. I got my raise the other day, and it should more than cover an extra book or two per month. And just think of the potential impact!

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home